- This event has passed.
Comparative Case Study Design
June 3, 2019 - June 7, 2019£300 – £600
Description: This module provides you with the skills needed to design your qualitative case study research. It covers concept formation, casing and case selection, logics and strategies of comparison, accounting for context and time, data collection strategies, and both conceptual and research-practical issues such as limited diversity, Galton’s problem, conceptual stretching, and thinking about scope conditions. In the lab sessions, we will work extensively with you on your own research projects.
- The logic and goals of qualitative comparative case study research
- Defining, structuring and measuring social science concepts and typologies
- Casing: what is a case? What is context?
- Case selection and scope conditions
- Logics and techniques of comparison across time and space