The International QCA Paper Development Workshop 2019 (May 24, 2019, Antwerp Management School) provides a unique platform for early stage researchers working on papers involving QCA to meet QCA experts, get feedback on their on-going research, and learn about the latest methodological developments in QCA. The workshop is interdisciplinary and interactive and allows for in-depth discussions and individual feedback from internationally renowned QCA scholars.
We invite submission of abstracts from researchers applying QCA in various domains (e.g., management, political science, sociology, evaluation studies, international relations, medicine, and health) as well as policy and business consultants using QCA in their work.
- Peer Fiss, University of Southern California
- Benoît Rihoux, UCLouvain
- Bart Cambré, Antwerp Management School
- Carsten Schneider, CEU Budapest
- Barbara Befani, University of East Anglia
- Sofia Pagliarin, University of Bamberg
- Thomas Greckhamer, Lousiana State University
- Adrian Dusa, University of Bucharest
- Michael Baumgartner, University of Bergen
- Johannes Meuer, ETH Zurich
- Donal Crilly, London Business School
- Lasse Cronqvist, University of Trier
- Sophia Seung Young Lee, Ehwha Womans University, Seoul
- Wendy Olsen, University of Manchester
- Garry Goertz, University of NotreDame
- Christian Rupietta, University of Wuppertal
To participate in the workshop, please upload an extended abstract of 1,000-1,500 words via the submission form by 17 March 2019. Your abstract should summarize your study’s topical area, theoretical background, research gap and question, and include details about the data, analytical strategy (for empirical papers), and preliminary results.
A panel of QCA experts will review all submissions and evaluate their fit with the workshop according to clarity of purpose, methodological rigor, and innovative character of the research. We will notify applicants no later than 25 April 2019 about opportunities to participate. Accepted participants may submit a full paper by 10 May 2019.
For further information, registration, and abstract submission, please visit the workshop homepage.